Why did I sign up for another half?

My concern that running a marathon might make me not want to run ever again is almost coming true. I have only ran twice in the past two and a half weeks. I also have a half marathon this Sunday. It’s not really a complete lack of desire to run that is my problem. It’s more that every time I run my right leg hurts a lot for about two days and then a little every day after that. And by hurts a lot I mean that it even wakes me up at night. I have to sleep on my back with a pillow under my knee just to be somewhat comfortable. It doesn’t seem to be getting any better even with all the rest that I’ve been giving it. I tried to get in for a massage yesterday but his available time and my available time didn’t match. I have a massage on Thursday instead. I think I’ll tell him to go ahead and dig deep into the sore area and not worry about the fact that I will have a half marathon to run a few days later. At this rate I don’t know if I can do the distance anyway. I fully expect the half to be my slowest half ever. I don’t even know if I will be able to run the whole thing. I’m glad that I have never had any goals for this run so I won’t feel upset that I won’t be reaching them. I mostly just wish that I hadn’t wasted my money on the entry fee. Oh well. I have learned a lesson in case I ever do another full. I did do a couple of spinning classes the week after the full and I plan to do some this week too. I had thought that I might do another run or even two before the half but my leg is so sore from my 10k on Sunday that I don’t think it’s a good idea to run any more than necessary. I think that spinning is a good alternative since it doesn’t seem to aggravate my leg.
Last week I didn’t do any exercise. It was an extremely busy week for me. I was up between 5 and 6 most days and there were several days that I didn’t get home until after 10pm. I’m not used to that kind of busy schedule. It’s going to be an adjustment when I start working again.
I was quite excited the other day when I went outside to check on my garden. We’ve had quite a bit of rain lately and I haven’t had to go out to water so it was pretty neat to see that everything was starting to grow already. I can’t wait until I can actually eat some of it. I planted some more carrots yesterday. I didn’t want everything to be ready all at the same time so I decided that I would plant a few short rows of carrots a couple of weeks apart from each other. I think that the carrots are what I’m looking forward to the most out of everything that I’ve planted.
I discovered the other day that the counselling program that I’m is offering a class that I can take during the summer. I didn’t think that there was anything running over the summer so I’m pretty happy to find out that I will be able to get one more class in before I start the holistic nutrition course in September. I wish that I could just be a professional student. I’ve been trying to contact holistic nutritionists and companies that employ them so that I can ask them some questions. I called a bunch of places on Friday so hopefully I’ll hear something soon. I really want to register for the program. I’d hate to have finally decided what I want to do and then end up not getting into the program because I researched it too much and waited too long. Part of the reason I’m waiting is also because I may be able to get government funding. I can’t apply until I do all my paperwork for them and get approved. I’ve already been getting requests from people that want me to use them for the case studies that I will have to do. I will have to do a total of 14 (including myself and one other student). I already have 3 people that would like to volunteer and I’ve only told a handful of people that I will even need case studies. My mom is even trying to get me to start working with my sister right now. She doesn’t seem to understand that I don’t have all the necessary skills yet.
I babysat my niece for a few hours last Thursday. I love that kid. She was really excited to have me babysit. She even chose her outfit with me in mind. She wore her new horse shirt and horse socks. It was so cute when she showed me and told me that she picked them because she knows that I like horses. We didn’t do anything really exciting but it was an enjoyable day. We played a couple of games and spent a couple of hours at the park. I always enjoy just being with that sweet little girl. I will probably be babysitting her again either this week or next. I think that I’ll try to take her to the beach or to the pool. She loves water. It was her very first ballet recital on Saturday. I had to miss it because I had class all day. It was the only Saturday class that we had and of course it had to be on the same day as the recital.
On Friday night last week I went to a musical with a bunch of the middle school kids. One of the boys was in the production. He had speaking lines in the opening scene and he did really well. I enjoyed the whole musical. Everyone that was in it was in Grades 7-12. They were very talented and did an amazing job.

Winston enjoying the sunshine a couple of weeks ago.

Winston enjoying the sunshine a couple of weeks ago.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s